Mitsotakis: Greece has received disproportionate flows of refugees and migrants
🕛 χρόνος ανάγνωσης: 4 λεπτά
Greece is receiving, especially in the last months, disproportionate flows of refugees and migrants in terms of its land and population. Our islands are suffocating and areas in the mainland with hosting facilities are facing the first problems," Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis said on Tuesday during his speech at the 4th Euro-Arab Summit.
"We are protecting our borders and we always take care of the refugees. But a country solely can't bear the burden of the problems of three continents. Only with legitimacy and cooperation, will we be able to respond to this great challenge of the 21st century", Mitsotakis stressed and added: "More European and Arab coordination is needed to address the causes of the refugee issue. That is to say, sustainable peace at the heart of the crisis and serious support to the countries of origin and transit. There is also need for more cooperation in the fight against criminal networks for the trafficking of migrants in order to stop this vicious trade of hope.
"An international problem is not solved when some question established facts and raise unacceptable claims. I am referring to the actions of neighbouring Turkey. On the EEZ of the Republic of Cyprus and its stance in the Aegean. It would be good not to put more pressure on the sensitive region of the Eastern Mediterranean. It must follow the path of international law and good neighbourliness. In light of what has been said in recent days, I must say that the Greek Coast Guard has saved thousands of lives at sea and at the same time is guarding our borders, something that with the current government will fully exercise," Mitsotakis added.
Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis during his speech at the 4th Euro-Arab Partnership Summit on Tuesday stressed Greece's role as a pillar of stability in southeastern Mediterranean and as a country linking Europe to the Middle East and the Arab world.
Referring to the positive developments in the economy, the prime minister emphasised that stability in the Balkans is certainly part of Greece's geopolitical and geo-strategic importance, noting that after a decade of crisis and introversion, Greece has again the role it deserves. "Greece proves with actions that it is a pillar of stability, security and development. As a member of the United Nations and NATO, it lays out the principles of international law and inviolable borders and treaties in the region. As a European partner, it transfers everywhere the acquis of the rule of law, democracy and rights. And as a national power it plays a key role in the efforts for agreement and joint actions with the governments and peoples of the wider region."
Referring to the common challenges, the prime minister spoke about the migrant issue, stressing that it should be handled with coordination, with legality and cooperation, in order to see answers to this 21st century wager, outlining the next steps to be taken.
According to Kyriakos Mitsotakis:
- There is need for coordination between Europeans and Arabs to address the refugee causes, so that there can be peace at the heart of the crisis and serious support to the countries of origin and transit.
- Cooperation is also needed to tackle the human trafficking rings and put an end to the trade of hope by those who violate formal and ethical laws.
- It is necessary to guard the borders for the security of the citizens of each country, but also for the lives of the refugees.
- Resources are needed in order for, those entitled, have a new homeland and be in position, healthy and educated, to be finally integrated into the dynamic population of the hosting country.
- Αντιδράσεις για το ΟΑΚΑ: Το τεράστιο κόστος, η συντήρηση που έπρεπε να γίνει και τα ερωτηματικά για την ασφάλεια των 120.000 φιλάθλων στους πρόσφατους αγώνες
- Δημοσκόπηση MRB για OPEN: Ευρύ προβάδισμα για ΝΔ, αλλά και δυσαρέσκεια για τις φυσικές καταστροφές - Μπορεί να κερδίσει τις εκλογές ο Κασσελάκης;
- Οργή στην Τουρκία: Έκαψαν ομοίωμα του Ερντογάν έξω από την τουρκική πρεσβεία στη Στοκχόλμη
- Χρέη στην ΑΑΔΕ: Αυξάνονται οι μεγαλοοφειλέτες και μειώνεται η... μαρίδα
- Γ. Μασούτης: Μας αρέσουν οι εξαγορές, δεν μας ενδιαφέρει να πουλήσουμε - Στο €1,1 δισ. ο φετινός τζίρος
- Γιοβάνοβιτς- Σπόραρ: Ο Μητσικώστας κάνει Καρβέλα στο νέο Mitsi Var πιο τέλεια κι απ’ τον ίδιο (Vid)
- Τα μαγειρευτά του θα σε κάνουν να ξεχάσεις τη μαμά σου: Το μαγαζί που «προσκυνούν» όλοι οι εργαζόμενοι στα βόρεια
Gowise.gr, Κάνε σύγκριση ανμέσα απο 27 ασφαλιστικές εταιρίεςΑκολούθησε το Έθνος στο Google News!
Live όλες οι εξελίξεις λεπτό προς λεπτό, με την υπογραφή του www.ethnos.gr